Veterans Day gives a lot of businesses from coast-to-coast a reason to offer wonderful military discounts to our service members, veterans and their families. I’ve seen a handful of commercials on TV that have been advertising deals to veterans, which is great! My husband and I have also utilized these special military discounts in the past.
This time of year, there will be a long list of military discounts for military families. But, most businesses will only offer the military discount on November 11. And then, some places might extend it out a day or so before and after Veterans Day.
What about the other 364 days of the year?
To my surprise, there are a lot of businesses that offer year-round military discounts. From restaurants to retailers, the list is pretty extensive. A handful have special military discount days, while others may offer it at any point. Either way, your military family has other chances to use these deals.
Here are 35 military discounts that help veterans and their family members save money.
14 Retailers that Offer Military Discounts
- Calvin Klein, 15% off purchases
- Columbia Sportswear, 10% off purchases
- Dell, 10% off purchases
- Foot Locker, 20% off purchases
- Home Depot, 10% off purchases
- Joann Fabrics, 10% off purchases
- Lowe’s, 10% off purchases
- Michael’s, 10% off purchases
- New York and Company, 15% off purchases
- Nike, 10% off purchases
- Old Navy, Military Mondays 10% off purchases (A little birdie told me it’s everyday now, at least for my local Old Navy. Worth a shot to check out in your neck of the woods!)
- Payless Shoe Store, 10% off purchases
- Timberland, 20% off purchases
- Under Armour, 10% off purchases
11 Restaurants That Offer Military Discounts
- Applebee’s, 10% off military discount
- Boston Market, 20% off military discount
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 10% off military discount
- Denny’s, 10% off military discount
- Joe’s Crab Shack, 10% off military discount
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 10% off military discount
- Quiznos, 10% off military discount
- Red Lobster, 10% off military discount
- Sonic Drive-In, 10% off military discount
- Texas Roadhouse, 10% off military discount
- T.G.I. Fridays, 10% off military discount
8 Travel Military Discounts
- Amtrak, 10% off military discount
- Carnival, offers military fares
- Choice Hotels, offers military/government rate
- Marriott, offers military/government rate
- Hilton, offers military/government rate
- Ramada, offers military/government rate (My husband and I got a great deal when we visited family earlier this month.)
- Royal Caribbean, special rates on select cruises
- Wyndham Hotels, offers military/government rate (Last Thanksgiving, we stayed at the Wyndham in Gettysburg, Penn., and loved the deal we got!)
2 Special Websites Listing Military Discounts
- GovX. As a huge shopping hub open to Armed Forces personnel and their closest family members, GovX offers amazing deals! Whether it is technology or tactical gear and everything in between, the online destination has it all. My family uses it to buy sporting event tickets. They offer exclusive discounts to watch your favorite teams no matter the time of year!
- ID.me Shop. This is another website that offers special deals to military members. You can get special alerts sent to you, so you’re in the know of the places that are currently running discounts. Some of the places that I mention above offer a cash back bonus in addition to the military discount through ID.me like Under Armour and Dell Computers.
All locations that I mentioned are subject to change, so ask your local store employees if they offer a military discount.
Also, some businesses have limitations. For example, Lowe’s offers 10% up to $500. I shared a lot of businesses that my husband and myself use on a regular basis. In addition, I asked other military friends and families of their favorite places too.
Keep in mind that this list just touches on the available military discounts out there. There are a lot of wonderful local businesses that offer a military discount along with some bigger franchise out here. It doesn’t hurt to ask any business you patronize if they offer a military discount.