Whether you’re rooting for your favorite team or really just there for the commercials, everyone can agree that the big game requires incredible snacks. And the Commissary is fully stocked to create your best ever Super Bowl party!
Host Your Best Ever Super Bowl Party with Supplies from the Commissary
We’ve got you covered for drinks, appetizers, snacks and bigger bites. Huddle up and run the play for a great 2020 Super Bowl bash!
Special Teams Snacks
Set up a yummy spread to please everyone.
- Chips & Dips Bar: grab all of the chips and dips or DIY your own with an allergen-free recipe from military spouse owned Physical Kitchness! Get tons of variety, from savory to sweet, to match every palate.
- DIY Nachos: this can double as a heavy appetizer or main dish, but it equally great as a snack station. Set out salsa, guacamole, sour cream and all the nacho fixings.
- Veggies & Fruits: pick up a platter or two of pre-sliced veggies and fruits from the Commissary. Dip is usually included, which makes it so simple for game day!
- Pigs in a Blanket: grab cocktail weiners from the Commissary and wrap them in heat-and-eat croissant dough. Bake, serve and go!
- Taquitos: if you’re doing nachos, you can double down with frozen, fully prepped taquitos! Serve with shredded cheese, enchilada sauce and sour cream.
Appetizers to Run Interference
Sure, you could just make the snacks into an appetizer station, but that ruins the fun of the party. Try these easy ideas, all made with ideas straight from the commissary!
- Swedish Meatballs: grab a pack of frozen meatballs and then follow the rest of this recipe from The Skinny Fork for Game Day Meatballs!
- Chili: whip up a big batch of chili, loaded with ground beef and all the beans. Serve it as is, with baked potatoes or as a topping for your versatile nacho bar.
- Meat on Sticks: pop different cuts of meat, like beef or chicken, onto sticks then bake, broil or grill until cooked. You can spice things up with different seasonings, like BBQ sauce or curry-inspired spice blends. We like these bacon wrapped grilled chicken kabobs from The Bakermama.
- Wings & Drummies: is it even a game without chicken wings? Grab frozen, pre-seasoned, wings and drumsticks from the Commissary’s freezer aisle for a simple Super Bowl appetizer.
Mains that Stick to Your Ribs
Football means winter. Winter means hearty, yummy food that fills up hungry bellies. Try these easy Super Bowl meals for your party!
- Homestyle Stew: whip up a yummy stew, using meat from the Commissary’s meat department. Add carrots, onions, potatoes and diced or stewed tomatoes to the beef along with stock. Serve with baked potatoes and crusty bread.
- DIY Flatbread Pizzas: set up a pizza station with pita bread, sauce, cheese and other toppings. Keep the oven hot and quickly cook up custom pies for your pals. These cook up super fast, about 5-8 min per “pizza.”
- Slow Cooker Ribs: set it and forget it meals are the best! Combine ribs, 1/2 can of Dr. Pepper and your favorite BBQ sauce in your slow cooker. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours, plenty of time before the big game!
- Lasagna, Any Style: layers of gooey cheese and savory sauce plus pasta sounds incredible! Instead of DIYing this, grab a family-sized frozen dish for a simple heat and eat option that’s sure to please a crowd.
Don’t Skip Dessert!
If you thought you were done with dinner, you were wrong! Celebrate sweet victory with desserts that everyone will enjoy.
- Cookies: pretty simple, but crowd-pleasing. Head to the Commissary’s bakery for a pre-made tray of cookies or pick up some cookie dough in the dairy aisle. Either way, it’s deliciously easy.
- Oven-Roasted S’Mores: layer a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place graham crackers halves on the foil, topping with marshmallows. Place in the oven, set to broil, briefly. Top with 1-2 squares of chocolate and the other half of each cracker. Serve with napkins – this can get messy!
- Ice Cream Bar: set out several fan-favorite ice cream flavors, plus toppings like whipped cream, hot fudge and cherries. Everyone can dish up their own sundae exactly the way they like.
Having a good drink situation is ideal, especially for Super Bowl. It’s basically an all-day party and you need to stay hydrated.
Add these to your shopping list:
- Wine: 1-2 bottles each of red, white and sparkling
- Beer: 1-2 variety packs, maybe from a local brewery or from one local of your preferred team
- Liquor & Mixers: grab the ingredients to make basic drinks, like gin and tonics or margaritas.
- Non-Alcoholic: grab a whole bunch of soda, water, sparkling water, ice tea and juice – it’s not just for kids!