Happy 2015! Now that the new year is here, I am ready to get back to exercising on a regular basis and becoming a healthier person. There are many different ways you can do this and it might depend on your personality and what you have available to you.
Here is my list of 5 easy ways to stay healthy in 2015.
- Regular workout schedule. Maybe you need to work out 5 days a week. Maybe you only need to do so for 2 days. Whatever it is come up with a regular schedule and stick to it. Make sure you have a way of easily working out on the days you have designated to do so. If you need a new workout idea, find a new video or join a new gym. Mix it up a bit so you won’t lose interest.
- Keep a journal. I find that writing in a journal can help me process my thoughts and everything going on with me. It helps me to see what is going on in my life and work through some of the more difficult trials I might be dealing with. Writing in a journal keeps me balanced and allows me to get my thoughts and feelings out. This can be helpful for people who have trouble sleeping. Writing before bed can help you relax and relieve stress.
- Drink more water. No matter what you do or what you eat, drinking more water is always a good thing. Buy a fancy new water bottle if that helps but try drinking water all day long. It will be worth it if you can add this habit to your day. They say it is a good idea to drink 8 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
- Walk more often. Try to go on a daily walk. Park farther away than you normally do. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk around your house if you can’t get out. I know it can be hard to find time to do this with little kids. You can also put them in a stroller and walk with them. I lost all of my baby weight after my second child just by walking. Even if you can’t walk very far at one time, it is a good thing to do.
- Make time for friendship. Make plans to do lunch with some friends. Go out together and talk. Even just meeting for coffee for an hour will make for a better life. If you have kids, plan a playdate. Invite the moms over to your house or meet up at a park. Not only is it good for you but it will be good for your children as well. If you are new to the area, seek out some groups and see if you can find one that you might enjoy. It is one of the best ways to meet new people.