By Marguerite Cleveland
The Military One Source website is a wealth of information for military spouses. The website is broken down into a variety of categories and there really is something for everyone. It is a helpful resource to help you juggle this crazy lifestyle we live. Here are a few things I found on the site:
- MySECO – The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities has employment partnerships and job listings for over 300,000 jobs open to military spouses. There is a career exploration category which helps you refine what you are looking for. There are also educational resources. Employment readiness can help you get your resume in order and evaluate your skills and what you may want to learn. Learn what it takes to start your own business.
- Military Life Cycle – This section provides information on where you are at in the military life cycle. New there is a section for you. Getting ready for deployments, check. There is a section for Veterans and even a place friends and family can sign up to receive emails about your new life.
- Health & Wellness – There are over 100 items posted in this section. Categories include Healthcare, Healthy Living, Mental Health, Wounded Warriors and Caregivers. You can sign up for a Military One Source Health and Wellness Coach who will help you reach goals to lose weight, eat more nutritiously, get physically fit, help you manage stress and much more. The best part it is free.
- Recreation, Travel and Shopping – What a wealth of information. Recreation has categories for those trying to get in shape, if you’re single or information on the libraries for those that love to read. Travel shows you where to access great deals for travel and even lets you search by installation for information on your area.
- Family & Relationships – This section has over 200 posts and deals with all types of relationships from spouse to children. It has information for parents with special needs children. There is lots of guidance from those who have been there done that to help you in your journey.
- Confidential Help – Did you know you can call Military One Source for help? 800.342.9647, check the website for OCONUS options. This is a good category to look at if you don’t know where to turn. Check here if you want to adopt a baby. Does my husband have PTSD? Marital problems etc. Help is available 24/7.
Military One Source is just one of the many resources available to help you navigate military life. Are you taking advantage of all your benefits?
Marguerite Cleveland is a freelance writer who specializes in human interest and travel stories. She is a military brat, a veteran and now a military spouse. Her military experience is vast as the daughter of a Navy man who served as an enlisted sailor and then Naval Officer. She served as an enlisted soldier in the reserves and on active duty, then as an Army Officer. She currently serves as a military spouse. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two sons. Visit her website www.WanderWordsWine.com