|Our Commitment to Privacy
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to purchase products or services from us or our partners, you may need to give personal information and authorization to obtain information from various credit services. For example, you may need to provide the following information:
In addition to providing the foregoing information to our partners, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services, special offers and contests or sweepstakes we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional corporate standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our members' personal information. As a member, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
Sharing Information with Affiliates
From time to time you may notice offers from outside companies advertised on our Web site. We take measures to select product or service providers that are responsible and afford privacy protections to their customers. However, we cannot make any representations about the practices and policies of these companies.
Sharing Information with Strategic Partners
We may enter into strategic marketing alliances or partnerships with third parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. In connection with strategic marketing alliances or partnerships, we will retain all ownership rights to the information, and we will not share information regarding your social security number or other personal financial data.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices. Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by clicking here.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked
to or from our Web site nor the information or content contained therein.
Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to
information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
Click to Close
A. Mission Statement
MilitaryShoppers.com's Mission Statement is to continually seek resources and information from patriotic organizations willing to show their appreciation for the sacrifices made by those who serve our nation. MilitaryShoppers.com highlights product and service discounts and extends special offers, weekly shopping sprees, military charities, community forums, sponsored content, contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways exclusively for military families.
B. The Military Shoppers Website
From time to time we will change, or make improvements to, our Website. Such changes and/or improvements shall be made without prior notice to you. We may provide you notice of such change on our Website or in e-mails we send to our Members.
II. Your Rights and Obligations
A. Service Eligibility
C. User Name/E-Mail Address and Password
To log onto our Website, you will need a user name and password which you will supply when you register to use our Website. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your user name and password, and all activities (whether by you or by others) with respect to the Website that occur under your user name or password. You are also liable for all charges, damages and losses incurred or suffered by you and/or by us as a result of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your user name and password. We are not liable for any harm or loss caused by or related to the theft or disclosure of your user name and password, or your authorization to allow another person to access and use the Website with your user name and password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your user name and password, the need to deactivate your user name and password due to security concerns, or any other breach of security. You must ensure that you log out of your account at the end of each session.
D. Your License to Us
E. Your Responsibilities
In connection with using our Website, you agree that you will:
1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
2. Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
4. Review and comply with notices sent by us concerning the Website and our operation thereof; and
5. Use the Website in an honest, respectful and professional manner.
In connection with using our Website, you agree that you will not:
6. Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior or by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to our Website;
8. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used in connection with the Website, or any part thereof;
9. Include information in your profile or elsewhere, except in designated fields, that is confidential in nature or that reveals your identity or sensitive personal information such as an email address, phone number or address;
10. Create a user profile for anyone other than a natural person;
11. Utilize information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from our Website to provide any service that is competitive, in our sole discretion, with our Website or our business;
12. Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by MilitaryShoppers.com, unless you have entered into a written agreement with us to that effect;
13. Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on our Website or the technology underlying our Website, or other Members' content, in whole or part;
14. Rent, lease, loan, trade or sell/re-sell access to our Website or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
15. Deep-link to our Website for any purpose, (i.e. including a link to one of our web pages other than our Website's home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by us or for the purpose of promoting your profile on our Website;
16. Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, or other means or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" our Website;
17. Use bots or other automated methods to add or download contacts, send or redirect messages or perform other permitted activities;
18. Access, via automated or manual means or processes, our Website for purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality or for any competitive purpose;
19. Engage in "framing," "mirroring," or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of our Website;
20. Attempt to or actually access our Website by any means other than through the interfaces provided by us;
21. Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying our Website;
22. Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications to other Members or our personnel, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses;
23. Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Website, including ours or any Sponsor's;
24. Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on our Website;
25. Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcome communications to others using our Website;
27. Share information of non-Members without their express consent;
28. Interfere with or disrupt our Website, including but not limited to any servers or networks connected to our Website;
29. Invite people you do not know to use your account;
30. Use or attempt to use another's account without our authorization, or create a false identity on our Website;
31. Infringe or use our brand, logos and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the words " MilitaryShoppers.com," or words likely to be confused with those words, in any business name, email, or URL, except as expressly permitted by us in writing;
32. Upload, post information, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
a. Falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
b. Is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
c. Adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the "title" or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by us);
d. Includes information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
e. Infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
f. Includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to (i) using our Website to send messages to people who don't know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; (ii) using our Website to connect to people who don't know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those connections without their permission; and (iii) sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases or group aliases;
g. Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of ours or any Member; and/or
h. Forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through our Website.
33. Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to create a pyramid scheme or other similar practice.
F. Website Security Rules
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the our Website, including, without limitation, (1) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access, (2) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Website or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or (3) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing."
Violations of Website or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate occurrences which involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Members who are involved in such violations.
H. Notifications and other Service Communications
For purposes of our communicating with you regarding the Website, notice shall consist of an email from us to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that we may communicate with you through your Website account or through other means including email, cellular telephone, telephone, or delivery services including the U.S. Postal Service about your Website account or services associated with us. In addition to the foregoing, we may notify you via postings on www.MilitaryShoppers.com. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Website. You may contact us via email at:
Or via U.S. mail or courier at:
Military Media, Inc.
1 Bushwick Rd.
Poughkeepsie NY 12603
Attention: Legal Department
Additionally, MilitaryShoppers.com accepts service of process at this address. Any notices that you provide without compliance with this section shall have no legal effect.
I. Compliance with Applicable Laws
You are responsible for ensuring that your use of our Website complies with all laws directly or indirectly applicable to you or us. MilitaryShoppers.com IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF YOUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN USING THE WEBSITE IN WAYS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH ANY APPLICABLE LAW.
J. You Must be 14 or Older to Use this Website
K. Your Right to Use our Website
L. Complaint Procedure
M. Export Control
Your use of our Website, including the software that runs our Website, is subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") maintained by the United States Department of Commerce and sanctions programs maintained by the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control. You shall not - directly or indirectly - sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any end-user without obtaining the required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving US origin products, including services or software.
III. Our Rights and Obligations
A. Availability of Website
C. MilitaryShoppers.com Intellectual Property
D. Collection and Use of Your Content by Us
F. No Professional Advice
None of the services, materials, content, or information available on or through our Website constitutes employment, career, financial, legal, or other professional advice. You are encouraged to obtain advice tailored to your particular situation from a qualified professional if you have any questions regarding any such matters.
G. Links to Other Sites
H. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. OUR WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTIES' RIGHTS, TITLE, AND/OR WARRANTIES ARISING BY COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OF TRADE WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR OUR INFORMATION PROVIDED THEREIN. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE (1) ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CONTEMPORANEOUSNESS OR TIMELINESS OF OUR WEBSITE, (2) THE QUALITY AND SECURITY OF OUR WEBSITE, OR (3) THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OUR WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING WHETHER OUR WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, UNAUTHORIZED CODE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL PRECAUTIONS YOU BELIEVE NECESSARY OR ADVISABLE TO PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST ANY CLAIM, DAMAGE, LOSS OR HAZARD THAT MAY ARISE BY VIRTUE OF YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE. WHEN USING OUR WEBSITE, INFORMATION WILL BE TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET, A MEDIUM THAT IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND JURISDICTION. ACCORDINGLY, WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR OR RELATING TO THE DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, AND YOU (AND NOT US) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. YOU SHALL HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE AGAINST US FOR ANY ALLEGED OR ACTUAL INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN ANYTHING YOU POST ON OUR WEBSITE. ANY MATERIAL DESCRIBED OR USED ON OUR WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED SUCH MATERIAL TO US. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER THAT A USER WILL OBTAIN ANY JOB THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ABOUT (AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR) ANY JOB YOU MAY OBTAIN. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO OUR WEBSITE, NOR DO WE HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE BY OTHER USERS. THEREFORE, WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
I. Limitation of Damages and Remedies
J. No Partnership
K. Certain Legal Requirements
M. No Extraterritoriality
We are based in Poughkeepsie, New York in the United States of America. We make no representation that our Website is appropriate or may legally be viewed in the nation, state, province or other jurisdiction in which you reside, do business, or are incorporated or organized, and access to the Website is prohibited from jurisdictions where the Website, or its content, is illegal. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. If you access the Website from outside the United States of America, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
1. Mutual rights of termination.
2. Misuse of the Services.
We may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any Member who abuses or misuses our Website. Misuse of our Website includes inviting other Members with whom you do not know to connect; abusing the My Account messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; using our Website commercially without our authorization; infringing any intellectual property rights; or any other behavior that we, in its sole discretion, deem contrary to the purpose of the Website. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, we will terminate accounts of Members who, in our sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act.
3. Effect of Termination.
Upon the termination of your account with us, you lose access to our Website. In addition, we may block access to our Website from an IP address or range of IP addresses associated with those of terminated Members.
O. Identification of Copyright or Trademark Infringement Agent
If you believe that your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to our Website and is accessible on our Website in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact us regarding content posted on MilitaryShoppers.com.
P. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law
You agree that with respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with any dispute with us, including without limitation any claim involving us or our affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, members, officers, or agents: (1) you will submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Dutchess County, New York, and (2) you irrevocably waive any objection that you may have at any time to the laying of venue of any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating hereto brought in any such court; irrevocably waive any claim that any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court has been brought in an inconvenient forum; and irrevocably waive the right to object, with respect to any such claim, suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court, that such court does not have jurisdiction over you.
Click to Close
Click to CloseNO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT AND LIMIT CERTAIN OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. 1. Who Can Enter (Eligibility): The Purina® Pro Plan® Military Channel Call For Incredible Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to any individual who is (i) active duty, reservist or retired member of the United States Armed Forces or an or an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling or spouse) of an active-duty, reservist or retired member of the United States Armed Forces and (ii) a legal resident of one of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico and (iii) age of majority in place of residence (age 21 in Mississippi, age 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and age 18 in other states and Washington D.C.) at the time of participation. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees and their immediate family (i.e., spouse, parent, child or sibling and their respective spouses or "step" family) and household members of Nestlé Purina PetCare Company ("Sponsor") and Promotion Fulfillment Center ("Administrator") and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers and advertising and promotional agencies. 2. When to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on May 15, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 15, 2017 ("Sweepstakes Period").
4. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for winner and three (3) guests to San Diego, California, including round trip coach-class air transportation to San Diego, California; round-trip ground transportation to/from hotel and airport; three (3) nights' accommodations (two rooms with double occupancy); tickets for winner and guests to attend the Incredible Dog Challenge on the USS Midway Museum scheduled for Tuesday, November 7, 2017 ("Event"); and $1,000 (awarded in the form of a check payable only to the winner) (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). (Prize Restrictions: Winner and guests must travel beginning November 6, 2017 through November 9, 2017. Airports, accommodations, ground travel and other Grand Prize components are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if the winner lives within 150 miles of San Diego, California. All expenses not specifically included in the description above (such as taxes, fees, gratuities and insurance) are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner and his or her guests must travel on the itinerary determined by Sponsor. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on travel and other arrangements. Any difference between the Grand Prize's approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel guests are subject to and must comply with all applicable Event venue rules, restrictions and terms; failure to comply may result in forfeiture of any unused portion of the Grand Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of the Event or any issue arising from the operation or management of the Event venue. Any minor travel guest must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian. Sponsor also is not responsible for any cancellation, delay, diversion, substitution or other act or omission of transportation or accommodation providers. If any part of the Grand Prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will award the remainder of Grand Prize and have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner.) Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $10,000. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the Grand Prize with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value but no other substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize is permitted or required. All Grand Prize details not specifically described in these Official Rules are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is responsible only for Grand Prize delivery and is not responsible for the Grand Prize's utility to winner. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, fees and other expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM SPONSOR.
5. Drawing: Administrator will select the Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Entries received in a random drawing on or about June 20, 2017. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. Winner Notification: Administrator will notify selected winner by email (using the information provided in the Entry) approximately two (2) business days after the drawing. Administrator will send one email. Winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and release (including, if legally permissible, a publicity release) ("Winner Affidavit") within five (5) business days of attempted notification. Each travel guest must sign a travel release ("Guest Release"). If a winner does not respond to Administrator within the specified time period, if Winner Affidavit or any Guest Release is incomplete, if Administrator determines that the selected winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or if any part of the Grand Prize or winner notification, Winner Affidavit, a Guest Release or any other written or electronic communication is returned as undeliverable, the selected winner forfeits the Grand Prize and Administrator may (if circumstances allows) select an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible Entries received.
7. Entrant agreement and release. By submitting an Entry:
Click to Close