Father’s Day is right around the corner. Dads are so important in the lives of their children. When he is in the military, his time at home is precious and the relationships he has with his kids are so very important.
A military father has to try extra hard to let his children know he is there for them even when he is far away.
A military father has to go out of his way to be there even when he can’t be. It can be one of the hardest things to do. From phone calls to gift boxes, dads who have to be away from their children have a special job that other fathers do not.
When a military father is home, he works to make important memories with his children. In our family we try to spend special time together like taking a trip to the park, going out to dinner or spending the day in Nashville. Sometimes we just stay home and barbecue. We take advantage of the days he is home so that when my children are grown they will have plenty of memories of their father being around.
In between deployments, my husband has worked on the relationships he has with his boys so that when he is away, they will know that he loves them and misses them just like they miss him. They all have such a strong bond because of the relationships he has worked hard to have with them. Creating strong bonds with his children is such an important thing for a father to do.
We also try to take a lot of pictures of my husband and our boys when we can. These pictures are so special to us when he is away. We can look at them, put them up in my kids’ rooms and he can even take some with him when he deploys. In the past I have even made him a scrapbook of fun times they have had together.
It doesn’t really matter if you take pictures with your phone or a fancy camera, just make sure you are taking photos. They are so nice to look at in the years to come and a great reminder of the fun times your kids had with their dad.
Do you have a great photo of your kids with their father?
You can enter that photo into our Military Shoppers Father’s Day photo contest!
Submissions need to include:
- Name of person submitting photo
- Branch of service
- Pictures must be received by June 30, 2015
- Winner will be selected at random the first week in July
- Entrants must be registered with MilitaryShoppers.com and have checked the box in their profile saying “yes, I would like to receive emails of offers, savings and contests for the military community.”
- Winner will be posted to MilitaryShoppers Facebook page, MilitaryShoppers blog and MilitaryShoppers.com
- One photo per entrant
- Multiple entrants will not be accepted
- Photo must be submitted by entrant who possesses a valid military ID card (Active Duty, Veteran, Retiree, Reserve, Guard or family member of the aforementioned categories)
- Entrant (not those within the photo) must be 18 years of age or older
- Winner will be notified by e-mail
- No purchase necessary to win
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing all of those great pictures of kids and dads. Enter the Father’s Day photo contest today!