Take in the sounds of freedom in 2020 with a thrilling air show by the USAF Thunderbirds and US Navy Blue Angels. These legendary flying units have shows across the US and around the world this year. Check out the schedule to figure out the best location(s) for your fun flightline experience!
Take Flight with 2020 Military Air Show Schedule
In 2020, the Blue Angels are flying in 29 air shows or events between March and October. The Thunderbirds will be doing about 35 flyovers, events or shows this year. With all these shows, you’re sure to find at least one coming to an air field near you!
Blue Angels 2020 Schedule
The Blue Angels start flying in March and keep soaring through October. Check them out at one of these locations:
- March 14: NAF El Centro Air Show
- March 21-22: Lancaster, CA – LA County Air Show
- March 28-29: MacDill AFB Air Fest
- April 4-5: NAS Kingsville, TX – Wings Over South Texas Air Show
- April 18-19: JB Charleston Air and Space Expo
- April 25-26: Vero Beach, FL Air Show
- May 2-3: MCAS Cherry Point Air Show and Open House
- May 9-10: Dyess AFB Big Country Air and Space Expo
- May 16-17: McGuire AFB – Power in the Pine Air Show and Open House
- May 20: Annapolis, MD – US Naval Academy Air Show
- May 23-24: Jones Beach, NY – Jones Beach Air Show
- May 30-31: Scott AFB Air and Space Show
- June 13-14: Eau Claire, WI – Chippewa Valley Air Show
- June 20-21: Millington, TN – Memphis Air Show
- June 27-28: Dayon, OH – Dayton Air Show
- July 4-5: Traverse City, MI – National Cherry Festival Air Show
- July 11: Pensacola Beach, FL – Pensacola Beach Air Show
- July 18-19: Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada – Wing Cold Lake Air Show
- July 25-26: Milwaukee, WI – Milwaukee Air Show
- August 1-2: Seattle, WA – Boeing SeaFair Air Show
- August 15-16: Brunswick, ME – Great State of Maine Air Show
- August 29-30: Ypsilanti, MI – Thunder Over Michigan
- September 5-6: Cleveland, OH – Cleveland National Air Show
- September 12-13: Baltimore, MD – Maryland Fleet Week and Air Show Baltimore
- September 19-20: NAS Oceana Air Show
- September 26-27: MCAS Miramar Air Show
- October 3-4: NAS Point Mugu – Naval Base Ventura County Air Show
- October 10-11: San Francisco, CA – San Francisco Fleet Week
- October 16-17: Pensacola, FL – Blue Angels Homecoming Show
If you can’t catch one of these shows, swing by Pensacola, FL in between formal air show to see a practice session!
Thunderbirds Air Show 2020 Schedule
Prepare for takeoff with the Thunderbirds first 2020 show in February and carry on through mid-November.
Schedule out your Thunderbirds shows now:
- February 16: Daytona 500, Daytona Beach, Florida (Flyover)
- Mar 14: Laughlin AFB, Texas – Fiesta Of Flight
- Mar 21-22: Luke AFB, Arizona – Luke Days Air and Space Expo
- Mar 28-29: March ARB, Calif. – March Field Air and Space Expo: Thunder Over the Empire
- April 4-5: Lakeland, Florida – Sun-N-Fun Fly-In & Expo
- April 18-19: Maxwell AFB, Alabama – Beyond the Horizon Air & Space Show
- April 25-26: Columbus AFB, Mississippi – Wings Over Columbus
- May 2-3: Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Fort Lauderdale Air Show
- May 9-10: Beale AFB, Calif. – Wings Over Recce Town, USA”
- May 16-17: Shaw AFB, South Carolina – Shaw Air and Space Expo
- May 23-24: Miami Beach, Florida – Miami Beach Air & Sea Show
- May 28: Colorado Springs, Colorado – USAFA Graduation Fly Over
- June 6-7: Salinas, Calif. – California International Airshow
- June 13-14: Ocean City, Maryland – OC Air Show
- June 27-28: Hill AFB, Utah – Warriors Over Wasatch Air & Space Show
- July 4-5: Battle Creek, Michigan – Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show and Balloon Festival
- July 11-12: JB Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska – Arctic Thunder Open House
- July 18-19: Duluth, Minnesota – Duluth Air & Aviation Expo
- July 22: F.E Warren AFB, Wyoming – Cheyenne Frontier Days
- July 25-26: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota – Ellsworth Air & Space Show
- August 1-2: Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota – Grand Forks AFB Air Show
- August 15-16: Chicago, Illinois – Chicago Air & Water Show
- August 22-23: Avoca, PA – Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Armed Forces Airshow
- August 26: Atlantic City, New Jersey – Atlantic City Thunder Over The Boardwalk Airshow
- August 29-30: New Windsor, New York – New York Air Show
- September 5-6: Gardner, Kansas – KC Air Show 2020
- September 12-13: London (Ontario), Canada – Airshow London
- September 19-20: Huntington Beach, Calif. – Pacific Airshow
- October 3-4: Minden, Nevada – Aviation Roundup Airshow
- October 10-11: Edwards AFB, Calif. – Aerospace Valley Air & Space Show
- October 17-18: Fort Worth, Texas – Bell Fort Worth Alliance Air Show
- October 24-25: Rome, Georgia – Wings Over North Georgia
- October 31-November 1: Sanford, Florida – Central Florida Air and Space Show
- November 7-8: New Orleans, Louisiana – “NASJRB New Orleans Air Show”
- November 14-15: San Antonio, Texas – 2020 JBSA Air & Space Show & Open House
Take-Off with The Blue Angels
The Blue Angels first took off in 1946 when Admiral Chester Nimitz formed the squadron. His goal was to raise awareness of naval aviation and improve morale in the fleet.
Since then, the Blue Angels have thrilled audiences in daring precision flying performances around the world!
In 2015, they welcomed their first female pilot when Marine Capt. Katie Cook stepped into the cockpit.
Every year, approximately 11 million flying fans head to the flight line to watch the Blue Angels take off.
Take Flight with The Thunderbirds
First taking off in 1953, the Thunderbirds were formed to showcase the newly formed US Air Force.
They have featured a female pilot, Major Michelle Curran, since 2019. She is currently returning for her second season with the Thunderbirds.
The Thunderbirds also travel the farthest overseas of US military precision flight squadrons. They have 2020 shows scheduled in Alaska and Ontario.