Grab your noise canceling gear and head to a thrilling military air show this year! Watch the talented military pilots loop, swoop and dive through the sky. It’s an incredible experience your family will never forget!
Both the USAF Thunderbirds and USN Blue Angels have released their 2019 air show schedules.
Thunderbirds, Blue Angels Release Official 2019 Air Show Schedule
Military air shows offer opportunities to connect with incredible pilots and feel inspired by our brave troops. Air shows are open to the general public.
Admission to shows located at non-military base events varies. Contact the specific event or location for more information. Admission to events on military bases is open to the public and tickets are typically free.
Thunderbirds 2019 Air Show Schedule
From the Super Bowl to a pre-holiday show, the Thunderbirds are crisscrossing the US and headed to select OCONUS locations, sharing their aerial exploits and daring.
- February 3: look for a Thunderbirds flyover at the Super Bowl, held in Atlanta, GA
- February 17: check the skies for a flyover at the Daytona 500 in Daytona, FL
- March 3: the Las Vegas Motor Speedway will highlight the Thunderbirds with a flyover
- March 23-24: check out “Thunder and Lightning over Arizona” on Davis-Monthan AFB
- March 30-31: “Thunder Over the Bay” will thrill Travis AFB in California
- April 6-7: go to the “Heart of Texas” in Waco, TX
- April 27-28: the Thunderbirds will be at Seymour Johnson AFB with “Wings Over Wayne Open House”
- May 4-5: Keesler AFB in MS will host “Thunder Over the Sound”
- May 11-12: go to the national capital region for the Joint Base Andrews Air Show
- May 18: Kirtland AFB plays host to the Thunderbirds
- May 25-26: the Thunderbirds will be flying at the Jones Beach Air Show in Wantagh, NY
- May 30: the Air Force Academy hosts the Thunderbirds in Colorado
- June 1-2: join the “Defenders of Freedom” at Offutt AFB in Nebraska
- June 8-9: go to Fort Wayne, IN for the Fort Wayne Air Show
- June 15-16: the Thunderbirds will be in Mankato, MN
- June 22-23: Dayton, OH plays host to the Thunderbirds
- July 13-14: the squadron heads to Rionegro, Antioquia, Colombia for an international air show
- July 20-21: the Fargo Air Show will host the Thunderbirds in North Dakota
- July 24: go to “Cheyenne Frontier Days” in Wyoming to catch the Thunderbirds
- July 27-28: the Thunderbirds will head to Milwaukee, WI for the Water and Air Show
- August 10-11: go north of the border to Abbotsford, British Columbia for an international air show
- August 17-18: the Thunderbirds are in Sioux Falls, SD for the Sioux Falls Air Show
- August 21: the Atlantic City Air Show in New Jersey plays host to the Thunderbirds
- August 24-25: Rochester, NY will feature the Thunderbirds in their annual air show
- August 31-September 2: the Cleveland National Air Show will showcase the talents of the squadron
- September 7-8: Grisson ARB will host the Thunderbirds for their annual air show
- September 14-15: the Thunderbirds will participate in the National Championship Air Races in Reno, NV
- September 21-22: NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA hosts their annual air show, featuring the Thunderbirds
- September 28-29: the Thunderbirds will go south to Robbins AFB in Georgia for their air show
- October 5-6: the Puerto Rico International Air Show in San Juan will feature the Thunderbirds
- October 12-13: check out the Atlanta Air Show in Hampton, GA to see the Thunderbirds in action
- October 19-20: it’s “Wings Over Houston” for the Thunderbirds as they head back to Texas
- October 26-27: Sheppard AFB in Texas will feature the Thunderbirds in their annual air show
- November 2-3: go to the Florida International Air Show in Punta Gorda, FL and watch the Thunderbirds
- November 15-17: the Thunderbirds end their 2019 season at Nellis AFB in Nevada with “Aviation Nation”
For complete details about the USAF Thunderbirds, show dates, and more information, visit their website www.afthunderbirds.com.
US Navy Blue Angels Release 2019 Tour Dates
The Blue Angels, the US Navy’s premier squadron, showcases their talents at a variety of events through out the year.
All events are open to the public. Events held at military bases are typically offered free of charge. Ticket prices vary for events held on non-military property.
In addition to air shows, you can check out a Blue Angels practice session most Wednesdays at the National Aviation Air Museums, located aboard NAS Pensacola in Florida. There are often meet-and-greets with opportunities for autographs and photos at the museum following practices.
You can enjoy a Blue Angels show at locations around the US and Canada throughout 2019.
- March 16: enjoy the first show of the season at NAF El Centro in California
- March 23-24: head to Salinas, CA for the annual California International Air Show
- March 30-31: NAS Key West, FL plays host to the Blue Angels at the Southernmost Air Spectacular
- April 6-7: the Blue Angels visit Lakeland, FL for the Sun ‘n’ Fun Air Show
- April 13-14: go to NAS Corpus Christi for “Wings Over South Texas”
- April 27-28: the Blue Angels head to MCAS Beaufort for their annual air show
- May 4-5: check out the show at the Fort Lauderdale Air Show, featuring the Blue Angels
- May 11-12: head to the DC area for the Joint Base Andrew air show
- May 18-19: the Blue Angels will stun the crowds at the Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival in Missouri
- May 22: the US Naval Academy hosts the Blue Angels
- June 1-2: check out the Star Spangled Salute Air Show in Oklahoma City, OK
- June 8-9 the Great Tennessee Air Show features the Blue Angles in Smyrna, TN
- June 15-16: go to the beach for the Ocean City, MD air show
- June 29-20: the Blue Angels are featured at the Quad Cities Air Show in Devenport, IA
- July 6-7: watch the show at the KC Downtown Air Show in Kansas City, MO
- July 13: the Blue Angels are back in their hometown for the Pensacola Beach Air Show
- July 20-21: Duluth, MN hosts the Blue Angels for their annual Air and Aviation Expo
- July 27-28: the Blue Angels are featured at the Grand Junction Air Show in Grand Junction, CO
- August 3-4: Boeing hosts the Seafair Air Show in Seattle, WA
- August 17-18: the Blue Angels head to the Windy City for the Chicago Air and Water Show
- August 24-25: visit New Windsor, NY to see the Blue Angels in the New York Air Show
- August 31-September 1: head to Nova Scotia for the Air Show Atlantic
- September 7-8: feel the Spirit of St. Louis at the air show in Chesterfield, MO
- September 21-22: NAS Lemoore plays host to the Blue Angels in California
- September 28-29: MCAS Miramar features the Blue Angels in their annual air show
- October 5-6: Sacramento highlights with Blue Angels in the California Capital Air Show
- October 12-13: celebrate all things Navy and Marine Corps at Fleet Week in San Francisco, CA
- October 19-20: visit Texas for the Fort Worth Alliance Air Show
- October 26-27: enjoy the Jacksonville Sea and Sky Air Show in Florida
- November 2-3: Moody AFB hosts “Thunder Over South Georgia”
- November 8-9: welcome the Blue Angels home with their homecoming air show
For more information about the Blue Angels, shows, practices and the team’s history, visit www.blueangels.navy.mil.