It’s Fall Y’all. Which means it’s Pumpkin Time! If you are overseas, start hoarding those cans of pumpkin once they arrive at the commissary – you’ll want to try out all of these recipes! For those in the states- while canned pumpkin may be more readily available, you’ll still want to gather more than one can to enjoy these pumpkin recipes this fall!
- Pumpkin Muffins: Who doesn’t love an easy grab and go breakfast or snack. These muffins are transportable, whole grain, low fat and full of flavor! Change up the cranberries for nuts, dark chocolate or other dried fruits and you could have a pumpkin muffin daily all season long. Make it a double batch and freeze some for later – that way you don’t eat them all in one week – they are that delicious.
- Pumpkin Soup: Cool fall days call for hearty warm soups and this creamy pumpkin soup delivers that with all the pumpkin-y goodness along with cream and spices. Top with roasted pepitas for a crunch.
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce: This one may surprise you, but pumpkin makes an amazing base for this delicious sauce for the heavenly bed of pasta.
- Spicy Pumpkin Chili: Pumpkin and chili are two fall classics, so it makes sense that they are being combined for this robust chili. The addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the other spices are delicious and perfect for fall movie nights.
- Pumpkin Bread: This bread is perfect for chill days at home, and this one has pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in it! Where was this recipe when we were all on lock down this spring? Doesn’t matter, we will make this bread over and over again.
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake: Cheesecake is a heavenly dessert, and when you add pumpkin to it, it just elevates it to fall-scented heaven. The gingersnap and pecan crust contrasts with the smooth pumpkin cheesecake filling. This recipe does take a bit more time as it needs to chill for at least 4 hours prior to serving so plan accordingly. This dessert may just lead to your eating a piece of it in a closet away from your spouse and/or children it’s so good.
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip: This is a personal favorite – it’s easy to make, only takes a few ingredients and is gosh darn delicious. It’s a fall dip that is sure to please! Dip graham crackers, animal crackers, apple slices or kohlrabi into the dip – there really isn’t a bad choice.
- Pumpkin Twinkies: This classic favorite with a twist is perfect for fall indulgence. Who doesn’t love a Twinkie? Infuse it with pumpkin and it’s a win-win!
Orange you pumped for all these pumpkin recipes? (See what I did there?)
Heather Walsh is a mom, Marine wife, Navy child, blogger, and lover of all things crafty and Disney. Professionally, she is a Physician Assistant and writer and has a passion for helping others to stay positive and supported. She has been writing since KidPix was on a floppy disk! She is one of three women who founded MilMomAdventures, sharing travel and lifestyle tips for the military family at www.milmomadventures.com . When she isn’t crafting with her kiddos, going on the next adventure, or writing for MilMomAdventures, she has contributed to NextGen MilSpouse, Daily Mom Military and Military Disney Tips while reheating her first cup of coffee for the tenth time.