Being stuck in the house can be awesome, but staying put for weeks and maybe months on end can be, well, a lot. In this time of crisis, we’re all looking for ways to stay sane and keep our cool.
Which leads to a lot of impulse shopping online. I’m guilty of adding a ton of things to my cart, but refuse to feel any guilt over these quarantine impulse buys!
49 Quarantine Impulse Buys We Feel Zero Guilt Over
No matter what your guilty pleasure might be, chances are high that there is a product out there to help you scratch that itch. Since you’re stuck in an endless judgement free zone, there’s nothing stopping you from treating yourself.
It’s for your mental health.
Best Quarantine Impulse Entertainment Purchases
Whether you need something to make the endless hours of working from home less boring or you need to keep the kids occupied to, you know, actually work, entertainment is on everyone’s list.
Here’s what we bought to keep us all entertained:
- STARZ: binge watch Outlander and the new series Dublin Murders with a free trial
- Disney+: we bought this pre-pandemic, but it’s been paying off in spades with endless child entertainment hours
- Board games: honestly, we love a board game and so we stocked up on expansion packs for Cards with Friends and the kids’ version of Clue
- Puzzles: 500 pieces for me and under 100 piece puzzles for the kids mean lots of mind-challenging entertainment
- New York Times Sunday: just the At Home and puzzle sections alone make this worth it for tons of entertainment
- Inflatable movie screen: watch all of your best screening services in the backyard with a fun under-the-stars experience
- Nintendo Switch: it’s fun for the whole family and sanity for all parents
Zero Guilt Fitness Quarantine Impulse Buys
All the anxiety baking means lots of added calories. But some of us are committed to leaving self-isolation with some extra definition.
Here’s what’s on our fitness purchase list:
- Peloton bike: it’s the buzziest at-home fitness trend of the last 18 months, but also they have a sweet military discount
- Pull-up bar: you might already have one of these, but there’s nothing that says you can’t have two
- Rollerblades: relive your youth with a new pair of rollerblades – don’t forget a helmet and knees pads though
- Treadmill: if you’re not really into spinning, try jogging instead
- Kayak: maybe you live near water right now or maybe you’re planning for a future vacation
- Pedal boat: another fun buy if you’ve got a pond nearby
Backyard Fun & Essential Yard Purchases
We all need to escape our homes. If you’ve got a backyard, patio or even a decent sized balcony, you might consider grabbing some of these no guilt quarantine impulse buys.
- Yard games: badminton, corn hole, volleyball – we’re investing in all the classic backyard games
- Swings & slides: because the kids need a place to play since all the playgrounds are closed
- Tents: we’re really loving backyard camping in our 4 person setup, plus I can run inside for a real bed anytime I want
- Plants: some of us have gone extreme in the garden right now, with veggies, flowers and fruit being potted 24/7
- Trampoline: gets all the energy out and doubles as a fun fort, too
- Sprinkler: bring back the glory of our childhood with this retro way to cool off in the summer
- Bounce house: if you’ve got a little more space, pump one of these up in your yard and be the envy of your neighbors
- Sumo or dino costume: plant yourself costumed self on the porch while you work and watch your neighbors reactions to your style
- Hammock: your WFH boss just instituted a new afternoon routine, napping in the hammock
- Fire Pit: it’s not camping if you don’t make s’mores
Around the House Zero Guilt Quarantine Impulse Buys
You’re stuck inside the house, so you might as well do a few little things to spruce up the place. Or, you know, shop for an entirely new place to call home!
- A new house: whether it’s a pre-PCS purchase or a vacation/retirement home, the market hasn’t been this good in a while
- Pressure washer: keeps things looking nice and also ideal for taking out a little pent up aggression with the power of water
- Lovesac: if you’re spending all this time at home, you might as well be extra comfy
- Bar: since you can’t go to your favorite watering hole, bring it to you with a cool place to chill after a long day of WFH
- Roomba: suddenly, I’m seeing so much dirt around the house but don’t want to actually clean it myself
- Pool & hot tub: we only invested in a blow-up pool for the kids, but our friends went for an above ground pool and hot tub
Self-Care Purchases for the Win
Taking care of yourself and stying healthy is priority number one right now. Which makes all your pampering items feel less indulgent and more 100% necessary.
- Everything from LUSH: if I’m staying home 24/7, I’m going to do it smelling good
- Guilty pleasure TV: Melrose Place, the original 90210, Gilmore Girls -whatever your fave comfort TV show is, buy all the seasons and binge it
- Puppies & kittens: it doesn’t matter if you’re fostering or adopting or maybe just wandering through PetFinder, cuddly animals are 100% self-care right now
- Bidet: because being clean is essential right now, in all ways
- AirPods: if they’re in all the time, no one will know if I’d on a work call or if I’m listening to murder podcasts
- Korean face masks: again, I’d like to look nice while not seeing anyone at all
Guilt-Free Kitchen Items We’re Buying Right Now
It seems like we’ve all agreed that quarantine is going to be the time that we all become incredible cooks and/or bakers. Between sourdough starters and DIY canning, we’re all in the kitchen. Might as well do it up right.
- KitchenAide stand mixer: the piece de resistance of kitchen appliances, every serious home chef needs to own at least one
- Vitamix: whip up some healthy smoothies or make a batch of tomato soup, this mixer can do it all
- AirFryer: so that french fries can have some redeeming nutritional value, since that’s all the kids want to eat right now
- Pasta strainer: we just scored one that literally clips onto the pot, which is great for carbo loading to combat my pandemic anxiety
- Ice cream maker: if I can’t to Ben & Jerry’s, I’ll make my own cool flavor combos at home
Quarantine Impulse Buys We All Feel Zero Guilt Over
Be honest: even if you haven’t bought any of the things at the top of this list, you’ve definitely purchased at least one of the things on this, the final list of quarantine impulse buys.
- Toilet paper: because you can never have enough
- Booze: whatever you prefer, you’re gonna stock up just in case things get really bad
- Takeout or delivery: cooking 3 meals a day, every day gets really old, really fast
- Target pickup: if you can’t get your Target fix, you can at least get your most essential impulse buys brought to your car
- Beans: canned, dried, refried – we’re all buying beans for their long shelf life
- Flour & yeast: because we need ingredients to become the next Iron Chef
- Hair dye: whether you went with semi-permanent or really committed, we’re all switching up our looks right now
- LEGOs and puzzles: even work doesn’t fill our entire day, so we’re deep diving these sets – first up: Harry Potter
- Coffee: because we all need to be caffeinated to handle life right now