After a long, cold winter (for most of the US), it’s finally spring! Which means flowers, sunshine and fun spring break vacations for military families all over the world.
But…where to go? There are so many options, often right in your own back yard. It can be super hard to choose just one cool thing to explore!
Discover cool options near and far with the Military Shoppers Travel Rewards program! With flexible search options, you’ll be getting a sweet deal for spring break adventures into the bargain.
Get a Sweet Deal for Spring Break with Military Shoppers
I spend so much time searching online for ideal vacations, reading review sites and playing with different dates or lengths. Even then, I’m not quite sure what I’m getting myself into sometimes.
Flexible Searches for Tons of Destinations
I love that I can search
I’m able to price compare dates at one hotel or between hotels to find the best price with the best amenities. Then I can try to tailor my vacation to the lowest prices across flights and lodging.
I loved that I could search throughout a whole state, like Virginia, or narrow it down by city or region, like inland or coastal. Again, keeping it flexible in terms of where we’ll be traveling because military life.
Best of all, the lodgings, activities, air and cars are all sourced from major retailers. And members can leave reviews to share their experiences. It’s so helpful when you’re stuck between hotels or even two different destinations.
Military Shoppers Travel program does require that you sign up for the service. The entry level is free and, best of all, earns points with every booking you complete through the website. To earn more points with each vacation, you can level up your account with paid memberships.
When you book, you can redeem points to decrease the cost of your trip. Each point takes one dollar off the final total.
Spring Break Locations on Military Shoppers
Spring break is coming up and that means you’re likely shopping for a great trip. To help you prep, we scouted a few great options for you to check out in prime vacation destinations.
- Virginia Beach, VA: Check-in to a beach-side resort and enjoy the start of summer in style! Hotels start at $39/night and many offers pools or other amenities. Enjoy local attractions like the Virginia Beach Aquarium, the Cape Henry Lighthouse and Neptune’s Park.
- Cape Cod, MA: It might be a smidge chilly in early spring, but it’s the perfect way to miss the summer crowds while enjoying all the fun – except maybe ocean swimming! Hotels start at $70/night and are often located near area attractions. Wander along the Cape Cod National Seashore, eat all the seafood and poke through local boutique shops.
- San Diego, CA: It’s a year-round vacation destination, and a top military hub! Enjoy sun, surf and an amazing food scene, with hotels starting from $58/night. You’ll love exploring the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and the USS Midway.
- Aspen, CO: Enjoy some spring powder in the Rockies! Ski or snowboard with your families, with rooms starting at $90/night. Rent your board or skis, try a ghost tour or explore Aspen’s history!
Year-Round Travel with Military Shoppers
We’ve had a great time traveling around Asia for the last three years, but we’re ready to explore the US with our family! Luckily, Military Shoppers has connections to amazing hotels and resorts around the States.
There are so many great ways to use Military Shoppers Travel & Rewards:
- PCS Hotel Stays: Locked out of on-base TLF? Use the Military Shoppers program to scout extended stay hotels near your next duty station! Make your search super specific to include your desired amenities, like kitchenettes or multiple bedrooms.
- Family Vacations: We love to check out different vacation spots near and far. I love that I can check options by the week and within a large date range – up to 60 days! It helps with finding a location that’s great for kids and is at a price point that
workfor our budget.
- Girl’s Trips: I’ve been plotting ways to get my friends together for fun adventures, without spouses or kids. With options to search in cool locations, like Charleston, New Orleans or Savannah, it looks like my next weekend getaway with friends is coming sooner rather than later!
- Holiday Travel: We’d love to be able to visit family during or around the holidays, but it can be tough to gauge the best prices and times to travel. I’m excited to use Military Shoppers to help make our holiday travel more affordable!