The pandemic year brought lots of changes – chief among them how many people shop. The pick-up service has become a favorite of tired parents, those wanting to maintain social distance, and those who just want to shop from their comfort of their home and pick it up later. The commissary has answered the call for pick-up services with “Click2Go” order and curbside pick-up service. And now it is free!
A free service for busy service members and their families to pick up groceries while saving money – sounds like a win to me. Lisa, a USMC Spouse in North Carolina who has been shopping at the commissary for over a decade, shopped using Click2Go out of convenience this month and now prefers to shop this way. “I have honestly never seen produce and meat this fresh and beautiful. All the meat I ordered was packaged and time stamped 1-2 hours before I picked up my order. I’m really impressed!”
The Click2go service was first launched in 2013 as a pilot program at three bases. When the program was rolled out to more stores in 2019 there was a $4.95 service fee added. This fee is similar to other popular grocery services. While the initial plan for the implementation of the Click2go program was to stay regional, it is now being launched across the United States (and some overseas locations!) by the end of August 2021!
How to order?
- First register for an account at shop.commissaries.com – you will need your DOD ID number for this
- Click on Commissary Click2Go shopping link to log into your current account
- Navigate the website for the groceries you want to purchase – you can shop using the savings flyers, or just navigate to what you are looking to purchase
- “Check out” and pay online via debit or credit card
What do I need to know?
- Orders must be submitted 6 hours in advance of the pick-up time
- You can cancel your order within 4.5 hours of pickup time
- There is NO minimum order amount
- Substitutions are allowed, but if they do occur the final price will be adjusted for the price of the substitution
- Curbside commissary workers will not accept tips
- You can use digital coupons
Flu season aside, curbside is just helpful if you have a napping child, are sick yourself and just need the basics, or just plain want a break from shopping or getting out of the car.
The East coast has had Click2Go services for several months now, and the program is moving west and around the world in August! Will you be checking out this service?