If your mom is away from home serving or working this year, this one is for you. You can still celebrate the awesome way Mom completes the family puzzle by preparing a kind surprise for Mom in a way of a “care package” to enjoy whenever and wherever she is.
If your Mom is in a country that has restrictions on what can be mailed into the country, make sure to know what they are before including that item in your box. Customs will remove the item from the box and leave a note if they randomly inspect that box.
Mothers love a handmade touch. Whether it is a card made from the heart or a kitted scarf, having something made with your love, care, and design. If she is gone for various holidays, consider making a garland with tissue paper or felt for the specific holiday they will be missing. Being gone for holidays important to the family can be difficult, so having a sweet reminder from home can make it an easier time apart.
Whether Mom will be near or far on Mother’s Day, a care package is a sweet way to show love to Mom. Start with the packaging itself.
If you are sending a box, decorate the inside flaps of the box – stickers, box flaps, photos or hand-drawn pictures are amazing touches.
What you include in the box will really depend on what Mom likes, so pick and choose items best for your mom:
– succulent – this will only work for a care package or bag given to mom who is nearby, do not try to mail plants
– hand lotion
– candle – again, don’t try to mail candles very far due to their potential melting in the box
– bath bombs or bath salts – Moms don’t often take time for themselves, but this will give them time to take a long, luxurious bath
– shower steamer – if Mom isn’t a bath person, a shower steamer still provides a lavish experience
– notebook – a great way to manage stress is writing it all out – no matter where Mom is, giving her a nice notebook to journal, draw, or write out to-do lists in will be useful
– coffee or tea – If mom drinks one of these, get a fancier version so Mom can have a nice cuppa at home or wherever she is
– nice honey – if Mom is a tea drinker, get a local honey to enjoy – bonus it will combat if there are any allergies
– sweet treat – chocolate or a favorite treat for mom is always a nice gesture
– sleeping mask – this is key if mom is somewhere where she works shift work or traveling often, get a soft one to really pamper Mom
The key is to make the gift for your Mom, and add in what she likes and enjoys so that even if she is working or gone, she knows and is reminded that she is loved.
Leave a Reply