It’s December. Christmas is coming. You have probably been invited to potlucks, cookie exchanges and holiday parties. You have planned some baking time with your kids. You have a New Year’s Eve party to bake for.
What are you going to make for these holiday parties and gatherings?
You have a lot of choices and sometimes it is hard to decide what would be the best dessert to bring.
Here are 10 ideas to help you figure out what treats you should bring to your holiday parties.
- Chocolate Chip cookies. You can’t go wrong here and the great thing about them is you can make them in so many different ways with slightly different textures and flavors. Here is a great recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie ever. You can also freeze some of the dough to make more cookies later.
- Cheesecake cookies. Want to bring a different kind of cookie? Try these Cheesecake cookies for something without chocolate. These cookies have a great cheesecake topping.
- Sugar cookies. These are very popular. You can create them in any shape you can find a cookie cutter for. For Christmas, go with trees, Santa and candy cames. Here is a good recipe to try. You can also involve your kids in helping to make these cookies. You can add icing to them or just bring them plain. Either way they are sure to be a hit.
- PB Brownie cookies. Are you a fan of peanut butter? Try these PB Brownie cookies. Be careful that if you are bringing these somewhere that it is OK to bring items with peanuts. Some places don’t want you to bring anything with peanuts because of allergies.
- Fudge. Love fudge? Make some for that holiday party. Here is a great 10-minute fudge to try. Make enough for your own family and experiment with different flavors. You can add different flavors such as peppermint to create different types of fudge.
- Cherry Chocolate Brownies. Need a good brownie recipe? Try these Cherry Chocolate Brownies for a yummy treat. You can also make brownies without the cherries too if you want a more chocolate flavor.
- Cake Mix brownies. Want something a little different? You can’t go wrong with Cake Mix brownies. They are fun to make as well. You can make them chewy or bake them a little longer for a drier texture.
- Cupcakes. If you have a little more time, you could make some cupcakes. You can go with a Classic Red Velvet recipe or try these Sweetheart Cupcakes. Remember to make a good icing to go with them and add some sprinkles.
- Fruit Salad Dessert. Want to stick to something more on the healthy side? Try this Fruit Salad Dessert that includes a lot of great and yummy ingredients. It’s a good food to bring to change up what is normally brought to holiday functions.
- Cranberry Mouse. For something really festive, try the Quick and Easy Cranberry Mouse and wow your friends. This dessert includes cranberry juice and sauce. It would go well after a turkey dinner.